Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday

Day 2 of Bike Tempo Block

S: 1760yds. Stopped a couple of times. A little over 31 minutes.

B: 3 hour ride w/60 min at Tempo (250-280w; 65-75rpm). Today, I did the Tempo work during the last hour, which actually made the ride much easier mentally. Yesterday, I just wanted to get off after I had finished the Tempo set during the second hour so I switched it up.

These Tempo rides are tough. They take a lot of concentration. A watt may be a watt, but the low cadence makes these workouts much tougher. They feel like lifting weights. Doing them indoors also doesn't help much either as, with little air circulation, I become absolutely drenched in sweat. I'm glad this block is done for the week.

R: 2 miles. Made a mistake again by running.

W: abs

No comments: