Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday: 56 mile bike; 3000 meter swim

Bike Endurance + Masters Swimming

S: 3000 meters? I went to my first masters swim class tonight. I surprised myself with how much I have improved over the last few weeks. I am certainly not fast, but I caught and overtook some swimmers that appeared faster to me when I first started out.

The big differences between what I have been doing and tonight's class are that during the class (1) the time flies by much quicker and (2) I swim faster, but there is much more rest. Despite swimming faster though, I actually feel like I get a better workout swimming alone, but I'll try to go to masters as much as possible.

I lost track of how far the swim was, but I'm pretty sure it was at least 3000 meters. I'll count it as that.

B: The first real bike ride back after some time off always hurts for sure. Amazing how much I feel "off" when I stop biking. (I'm not sure where that saying "It's just like riding a bike" comes from!) I knew I just had to get through this ride, but it was pretty painful, especially the first 90-100 minutes. 2:40. 203w.

R: Off.

W: Abs.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty fit, motivated, and ready to take it up a notch.

No comments: