Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday: 116 mile bike; 6 mile run; abs

Bike Tempo + Brick Run

S: Off.

B: 5:16 in two rides w/90 min Tempo (280-310w; 65-75rpm) during second ride.

Morning ride was 2:45 easy. 218w.

Late night ride was 2:30. The first 60 min was warm up. The last 90 min was at Tempo, 280-310w, 65-75rpm. I've never felt better at Tempo. I felt like I could have held Tempo watts all day. Definitely getting stronger and right on schedule.

I went through 56 miles in 2:25. 259w avg for the entire 2:30. For nutrition, I had water, Gatorade, and Red Bull. No solids. Followed the ride with a brick run to test the legs.

R: 50 min late night brick run following 259w ride. 6.12 miles. 8:10min/mi. I love the late night runs. I felt much better than I thought I would, but nevertheless, as expected, I'm behind schedule. Once I get my hip/groin healthy, ramp up the volume, and shed the weight, I should be ok. I just need to get better. I could still feel some discomfort - not terrible, but it was there. Hopefully it won't be sore in the morning.

W: abs.

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day at the Tour. I can't wait. Let's go Lance!

No comments: