Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday: 65 mile bike; 2138 yd swim; abs

S: 35 min swim. 2138 yds. Best swim so far this year. I'm definitely improving. The goal of today's swim was to make sure that I was completely following through during the pull of my stroke, which I hadn't been doing. Was going much faster. Workout was: 10 20 30 20 10.

B: 3 hour endurance ride. 125-135bpm. 226w. Had good legs today.

Anonymous: I'll reply to your post tonight or tomorrow morning. In short, I don't think there is such a thing as "junk" miles or "quality." Every workout I do has a purpose - it's all "quality." It may not appear that way from a snapshot view or just glancing at my daily training. But I do agree that the key to gaining fitness is to continually stressing yourself. I'll explain more in my reply.

R: Off. Hip felt decent today. Am contemplating running maybe Saturday, depending on how the next couple of days go.

W: abs.

No comments: