Sunday, July 5, 2009

Preparation Phase - Week 4 Summary

Ok week. Fell short on a couple of rides and missed a few main workouts. But still feel good after going pretty strong over the last 4 weeks. And had a my best Tempo ride yet yesterday. I'm where I need to be. I cut my ride short today to get a head start on regeneration, which I begin in earnest tomorrow.

Regeneration lasts for 4-5 days. I'm less concerned about watts and probably won't even look at them. But watts will be around 150-180w I'm guessing. My heart rate will be capped at 125 bpm, but I should avg about 110-115bpm if not less. Rides will be between 1-3 hours depending on how I feel. The goal is to keep the engine and the mental side of things running but not to ride so hard or so much that I don't recover both physically and mentally from the last 4 weeks. A good diet will be key as well.

My swim is starting to see some improvements, but I don't except major improvements until a few months down the road. I'll just keep swimming. I'm upping my routine swim of 35-36 min, which I have been doing for the last two weeks, to 45-46 min. If time permits, I'd also like to do at least two drill days. My best swim last week came after doing drills. And then I didn't really have a good swim again during the rest of the week. So I think more drills would help.

I finally started running again. I managed to get 10 miles in, less than I had wanted, but better than nothing. I wouldn't say my hip/groin/glutes is completely healed, but it doesn't feel as bad as it did the last few weeks. I'm happy about that. I think the regeneration on the bike may also help; even though I don't feel any discomfort on the bike, maybe biking hard is slowing down the healing process.

S: 10596 yds.

B: 363 miles.

R: 10 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are part of some weird hippy cult. What does regeneration mean, who subscribes to this stuff.